First Danube cruise combining ship and bicycle. Board in Passau and everyday experience bike trails in different city.
You can rent bicycle (e-bike too) directly on ship or you can bring your own (without additional fee, but on own responsibility).
2019 dates: 30. May (SOLD OUT) a 3. October 2019 (SOLD OUT)
1. Day – Thursday: individual arrival to Passau (cycling tour length: 20 km)
Individual arrival to Passau and obtaining the rented bikes. Fenced parking lot on outskirts of the city Passau. Testing of bikes on cycling trail Inn-bike to castle Wernstein (20 km). Overnight lodging in 3*** hotel (e.g. Dormero or IBB).
2. Day – Friday: cycling tour Schlögen – Linz (54 km)
Transport of luggage from hotel to ship and cycling tour to ship. Boarding and setting sail at 10.30. Check-in in afternoon hours. Lunch on board. From Schlögen along the Danube on cycling trail without cars. Through Schlögener Schlinge to Linz (2009 European Capital of Culture) and boarding the ship.
3. Day – Saturday: Bratislava – Schloss Hof (38 or 46 km)
Comfortable cycling tour even through new cycling bridge to Austria (also called Chuck Norris Bridge , to magnificent palace of Empress Maria Theresa in Schloss Hof (significant baroque gardens) and back to Bratislava. OR more sporty alternative through Hainburg and National park Donauauen to Schloss Hof and back to Bratislava.
4. Day – Sunday: Budapest and Mohacs (18 or 42 km)
Individual cycling tour of Budapest (98% without cars / ca. 18 km) or optional bus tour (ca. 3 hours / booking possible directly on board). OR sporty alternative to Szentendre and back. Late stop in Mohacs on Schengen border because of passport control.
5. Day – Monday: Beograd and Novi Sad (14 km)
Cycling tour through the city centre of Beograd, to Kalemegdan castle and Sava island. Late bus transfer (ca. 75 min.) to ship in Novi Sad.
6. Day – Tuesday: Mohacs (45 km)
Stop on EU border because of passport control and continuation to city centre. Round trip through National park Nemzeti.
7. Day – Wednesday: Esztergom / Štúrovo and Komárno (56 km) (53 or 22 km)
Departure from Esztergom, bike ride through small, dreamy places on beautiful raised road without cars, partially along the Danube, by Moča to Komárno, and its castle.
8. Day – Thursday: disembarkation in Vienna
Disembarkation in Vienna-Nussdorf and bus transfer (including bicycles) to parked cars in Passau (around 13:30). Individual drive home.
The ship MS Primadonna ****+ is the second biggest cruise ship on the Danube.
For passengers, she has 80 outer cabins with individual AC, shower and WC, hairdryer, SAT-TV, phone, minibar and spacious closets.
Cabins on main deck – category: Standard: area: ca. 11,5 m² with one bed and a large sofa. All cabins have large, circular window – non-opening.
Specialities of fine Viennese cuisine is prepared for the guests from fresh ingredients and bioproducts by 41 member staff. Title ,,Healthy cuisine‘‘ was awarded to the ship by Upper Austria government and on MS Primadonna presents breakfast buffet with large selection of bioproducts, three-course lunch menu and four-course dinner menu exclusively from fresh ingredients, which guests choose from several alternatives.
Matter of course is afternoon sitting with tea, coffee and cake in café ,,Primavera‘‘ at 17.00 and midnight snack or second dinner. On board, there is a possibility to buy a beverage package in various price ranges, that allows free consumption of soft drinks, beer, wine and quality sparkling wine from 8.00 till 01.00.
About the cruise ship MS PRIMADONNA
The only cruise ship on the Danube sailing under Austrian flag was built in 1998 in Germany and was completely renovated in 2009. Ship facilities are a long hotel hall, panoramic restaurant ,,Primogusto‘‘ and bar ,,Primaaperitivo‘‘, Danube arena ,,Primavisto‘‘ and ship theatre,,Primatheatro‘‘, a place where most guests meet. The whole ship has pleasant climate, which can be in cabins individually regulated. The ship Primadonna is the second largest Danube cruise ship with the length 113,5 m and width 17,4 m.
Staying on board is made more pleasant by the chosen architecture – the ship has the shape of catamaran, 9 meters high front glazing and glass floor at reception – here the view falls directly into the underwater world and offers a unique experience. On sun deck there are small hot tub, deckchairs and comfortable seating. Wellness includes indoor hot tub, Kneipp pool as well as sauna, where one can order medical and beauty treatments.
Length: 113,5 m
Width: 17,4 m
Speed: 17 knots
Engines: 2 main, 3 auxiliary
AC: 2 main ACs
Draught: 1,7 m
Fixed point above water: 8,2 m
Capacity: 160 passengers
Number of cabins: 80
Price by type of lodging
- 2-bed cabin – Main deck at the back ECO (bunk bed – ideal for individuals – no surcharge, ca. 10 m2) … 598 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Main deck (1 bed + 1 sofa, ca. 12 m2) … 748 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Upper deck (2 beds, balcony, ca. 16 m2) … 1 026 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Promenade deck (2 beds, balcony, ca. 16 m2) … 1 076 € / person
- The cruise Passau – Beograd – Vienna includes:
- 1 x night’s lodging with half board in 3*** hotel in Passau
- 6 nights with full board in cabin with shower/WC/TV/Tel/Safe/Bar/AC in booked category
- all port charges
- one partial body massage (ca. 20 minutes) or one hydro jet massage, as well as one shaving pre cabin on upper deck
- daily information on cycling tour for the next day
- detailed descriptions of the routes and cycling maps with GPS coordinates
- bus transfer Beograd – Novi Sad
- parking in Passau through whole cruise
- bus transfer from Vienna to Passau (from the ship to the parking lot)
o daily breakfast in the form of American buffet
o daily three-course lunch or packed lunch for cyclists
o daily afternoon coffee or tea with cake
o daily four-course dinner
o daily midnight snack in Panorama bar
Surcharges for occupation of cabins by individuals:
Main deck in the back + 25%;
Main deck + 50%;
Upper and promenade deck + 75%
> Additional persons in cabin: Cabins on main deck (excluding the ones in the back) are for max. 4 persons (on bunk beds with folding top). Cabins on upper deck are for max. 3 persons (75 x 185 m convertible sofa).
Discounts for 3-4. person by age: up till 5,9 years … 100%; up till 11,9 years … 50%; over 12 years … 25%.
• Renting of bicycle with saddle bags (7-geared with pedal break or 21-geard with breaks on the handlebars) … 68 €
• E-bike (21-geard with breaks on the handlebars) … 150 €
• Beverage package (soft drinks, coffee / tea, wine, beer)… 144 €
• VIP dinner with the captain (including aperitif, drinks, small souvenirs and tour of the ship) … 25 €
More than 84 days before departure 10%
From 83 to 42 days before departure 50%
From 41 to 28 days before departure 70%
From 27 to 4 days before departure 90%
3 days before departure or no appearance 100%.
Possibility of program changes during this trip in the interest of your safety due to high or low water, or due to force majeure. Sections, that cannot be crossed by boat due to these reasons are then travelled by bus, without changing the price.
We can provide transport to Passau for additional fee. The language of the trip is German, or you can speak English.