First Danube cruise combining ship and bicycle. Board in Passau and everyday experience bike trails in different city. Tours of Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest are included. You can rent bicycle (e-bike too) directly on ship or you can bring your own (without additional fee, but on own responsibility). For those, who don’t want cycle as much, we have in offer lighter variant of cycling.
Dates of the cruise in 2019: 31. July, 7. August, 14. August, 21. august, 28. august, 4. September, 11. September 2019.
Dates of the cruise in 2020: 8. or 15. May, 3., 10. or 31 July , 7., 14., 21., or 28. August, 4. or 11. September 2020.
1.day – Friday: individual arrival to Passau
Arrival to Passau between 15.00 – 17.00 tourist information centre Danube. Private parking included (NO discount for non-use). Bicycle rental at Information. A stroll through the old town to ship. Transport of luggage from information centre at 17.00. Welcome snack is offered on board from 16:00. Captain’s dinner with four-course menu and with crew introduction at 20:00.
2. day – Saturday: cycling tour Schlögen – Linz (tour length: 55 km)
In the morning distribution of rented bicycles in the Schlögen bend. Individual cycling tour through uninhabited narrow valley near Kaiserau to Ottensheimua, further to Linz (European Capital of Culture 2009).
3. Day – Sunday: cycling tour Tulln – Vienna(36 or 52 km)
Individual visit to Egon Schiele Museum and Flower exhibition (with 65 gardens) in Tulln. It continues with cycling tour from Tulln („City of Flowers“), with beautiful view on the foothills of the Vienna Woods (Wiener Wald), alongside Klosterneuburg (monastery – Austrian El Escorial) to Vienna. Individual tour of Vienna or cycling tour of the city (95 % on cycling trails – information available on the ship). After dinner, around 20:30, begins bus tour through the city – „Night Vienna“.
4. day – Monday: cycling tour Komárno – Esztergom (56 km)
Departure from Komárno, riding a bike on the left bank through small, dreamy places on a beautiful elevated road without cars, partly along the Danube, past Moča to Esztergom.
5. Day – Tuesday: tour of Budapest / cycling round tour to Margaret Island (22 km)
In the morning tour of Budapest directly from ship (duration approximately 3 hours). In the afternoon, a possibility of cycling round trip on 8 km long cycling trail, which is completely car free, to Margaret Island in Budapest. It is a beautiful recreational zone in the middle of the city.
6. Day – Wednesday: tour of Bratislava and cycling tour to Devín castle (33 km)
Guided tour of Bratislava directly from ship (1 hour). Afterwards, a cycling tour on the Danube cycling trail to Devín – Slovak National Monument. Cross over new cycling bridge to Austria (also called the Chuck Norris Bridge , to magnificent palace of Empress Maria Theresa in Schlosshof (important baroque gardens) and back to Bratislava.
7. Day – Thursday: cycling tour Krems – Pöchlarn (48 km)
Cycling tour by the Danube in Wachau region from Krems (UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site) through Dürnstein (chateau, ancient centre), through wine villages Weißenkirchen a Spitz to Melk (monastery) and further to Pöchlarn.
8. Deň – Friday: disembarkation in Passau
Arrival to Passau around 8:00 – after breakfast (around 9:00), bus transfer to main station or parking place (if ordered).
Accomodation directly on the ship
The ship MS Primadonna ****+ is the second biggest cruise ship on the Danube.
For passengers she has 80 outer cabins with individual AC, shower and WC, hairdryer, SAT-TV, phone, minibar and spacious closets.
Cabins on main deck – category: Standard: area: ca. 11,5 m² with one bed and a large sofa. All cabins have large, circular window – non-opening.
Cabins on upper deck – area ca. 16,5 m² have two joined beds, table, balcony and sofa, or two chairs.
Gastronomy on board
Specialities of fine Viennese cuisine is prepared for the guests from fresh ingredients and bioproducts by 41 member staff. Title ,,Healthy cuisine‘‘ was awarded to the ship by Upper Austria government and on MS Primadonna presents breakfast buffet with large selection of bioproducts, three-course lunch menu and four-course dinner menu exclusively from fresh ingredients, which guests choose from several alternatives.
Matter of course is afternoon sitting with tea, coffee and cake in café ,,Primavera‘‘ at 17.00 and midnight snack or second dinner. On board, there is a possibility to buy a beverage package in various price ranges, that allows free consumption of soft drinks, beer, wine and quality sparkling wine from 8.00 till 01.00.
MS PRIMADONNA – your comfortable cruise ship ****+
The only cruise ship on the Danube sailing under Austrian flag was built in 1998 in Germany and was completely renovated in 2009. Ship facilities are a long hotel hall, panoramic restaurant ,,Primogusto‘‘ and bar ,,Primaaperitivo‘‘, Danube arena ,,Primavisto‘‘ and ship theatre,,Primatheatro‘‘, a place where most guests meet. The whole ship has pleasant climate, which can be in cabins individually regulated. The ship Primadonna is the second largest Danube cruise ship with the length 113,5 m and width 17,4 m.
Staying on board is made more pleasant by the chosen architecture – the ship has the shape of catamaran, 9 meters high front glazing and glass floor at reception – here the view falls directly into the underwater world and offers a unique experience. On sun deck there are small hot tub, deckchairs and comfortable seating. Wellness includes indoor hot tub, Kneipp pool as well as sauna, where one can order medical and beauty treatments.
Length: 113,5 m
Width: 17,4 m
Speed: 17 knots
Engines: 2 main, 3 auxiliary
AC: 2 main ACs
Draught: 1,7 m
Fixed point above water: 8,2 m
Capacity: 160 passengers
Number of cabins: 80
Prices by cabin category
- 2-bed cabin – Main deck at the back ECO* (bunk bed – ideal for individuals – no surcharge, ca. 10 m2) … 879 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Main deck (1 bed + 1 sofa, ca. 12 m2) … 999 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Upper deck ECO* (2 beds, balcony, ca. 16 m2)) … 1 399 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Upper deck (2 beds, balcony, ca. 16 m2) … 1 469 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Promenade deck ECO* (2 beds, balcony, ca. 16 m2) … 1 499 € / person
- 2-bed cabin – Promenade deck (2 beds, balcony, ca. 16 m2) … 1 569 € / person
ECO* – cabins in the back part of the ship, noticeable sounds from engines and ventilation.
ECO cabins on the main and promenade deck are sold out for 2020
• Renting of bicycle with saddle bags (7-geared with pedal break or 21-geard with breaks on the handlebars) … 72 €
• E-bike (21-geard with breaks on the handlebars) … 160 €
• Parking on secured parking place in Passau and transfer to/from ship max. 2 persons – 1 parking space … 35 €, transfer every additional person … 12 €
• Beverage package (soft drinks, coffee / tea, wine, beer) … 169 €
• VIP dinner with the captain (including aperitif, drinks, small souvenirs and tour of the ship) … 25 €
- 7 nights with full board in cabin with shower/WC/TV/AC in chosen category
- welcome snack on the day of arrival
- daily breakfast in the form of American buffet
- daily three-course lunch or lunch package for cyclists
- daily afternoon coffee or tea with cake
- daily four-course dinner
- daily midnight snack in Panorama bar
- private parking place in Passau (unguarded, on fenced land) and baggage transfer from parking place to ship in the day of arrival
- all port charges
- one partial body massage (approximately 20 minutes) or one hydro jet massage
- daily information on the route for the following cycling day
- detailed route descriptions and cycling maps with GPS data
- commented bus tour „Vienna at night“
- guided tour in Budapest
- guided tour in Bratislava
Surcharges for cabin occupancy by one person: Main deck at the back + 25%; main deck + 50%; Main and promenade deck + 75%
Additional persons in cabin:
Capacity of cabin on the main deck is for max. 4 persons (on bunk beds with foldable upper bed).
Cabins on upper deck is for max. 3 persons (75 x 185 m convertible sofa).
Discounts for 3.-4. person by age: up to 5,9 years … 100%; up to 11,9 years … 50%; over 12 years … 25%.
More than 84 days before departure 10%
From 83 to 42 days before departure 50%
From 41 to 28 days before departure 70%
From 27 to 4 days before departure 90%
3 days before departure or no appearance 100%.
Possibility of program changes during this trip in the interest of your safety due to high or low water, or due to force majeure. Sections, that cannot be crossed by boat due to these reasons are then travelled by bus, without changing the price.
Book your place on Cycling cruise on the Danube. Your booking will only become binding once the shipping fee has been paid.